Sunday, September 13, 2009

this is my life. (9/6)

seriously? i get to live this beautiful life? i live in africa. get to spend my days with 30 wonderful kids. in community with some incredible people from all over the world. pinch me please. can you tell i love it here?

i have been living in addis for a month already! its so hard to believe because it has absolutely flown by.
this week has been quite a roller coaster. had lots of great time with friends. had a blast with my kids. passed my drivers test, which is a huge accomplishment. driving in addis is ridiculous. wednesday, i had a rough day, feeling really homesick and overwhelmed. but received so much encouragement and reminders of how blessed i am to be here. this weekend i've been a little sick, with sinus junk. so hopefully i'll be feeling better before school tomorrow.

we only have a four day week at school this week. friday is the ethiopian new year. so this weekend a bunch of us are going to Langano for the weekend, which is a down-country mission station, so we can see some more of this beautiful country and ring in the new year. (which will be 2002, here in Ethiopia, a little behind...)

i wish i could really explain the incredible things God is doing in my heart. he reveals himself to me in a new way each day. its amazing how stepping away from the distractions of the everyday can allow you to see Him so much more clearly. my heart is so full. and the exciting thing is you don't have to come to ethiopia for Him to do that, He meets us exactly where we are. even though i have so much junk and even though i don't deserve it, He loves me with a love that i can't even fathom. and even in this city, where my heart is broken everyday over the poverty and the sickness and the filth, GOD IS SO PRESENT HERE. and the same God who is here doing such incredible things in my heart, is working in the hearts of people all across this city and in all of your hearts back at home. seriously? what an AWESOME GOD.

i am missing you guys BIG TIME. thanks for all of your sweet messages.. it means more than you know. & makes being so far away so much easier. keep it coming ;)

pray for me, that i will continue to be stretched and challenged. for health and for energy. pray for my kids. pray for Bingham and the staff. & pray for this beautiful city, that the people would give their needs to the Lord, that they would hunger & thirst for Him. and that they would find satisfaction, peace, and joy in Him.

No comments: