Sunday, September 13, 2009

so... i've got this room full of kids... (8/28)

let me just start by saying, today was one of the most gorgeous days i've ever seen. the sky is here is so blue its unreal. i took my kids to read outside today and i looked around and thanked God for bringing me to this gorgeous place... seriously? i get to do this everyday?... ridiculous.

so, week one of school. done. check.

and i have fallen head over heels for 30 gorgeous nine-year olds.
we have had a blast this week getting to know each other. i have kids from zimbabwe, finland, us, australia, maritious, germany, ireland, and ethiopia. talk about diversity. the lives these children lead and the things they've been able to experience at just 9 years old is incredible.
i just can't wipe the smile off my face. i get to spend everyday with a room full of children who are eager to learn and are absolutely hilarious and i get to share the love that i have been so blessed to receive and i actually get to get in the Word with them, and tell them about this amazing God who has been so faithful to me. i'm overwhelmed.

i miss you all so very much. but i am so full of joy. i have fallen in love with this city and this school and these people. i am so blessed. seriously.
pray that the kids will not see or hear me, but that I would overflow the love and wisdom of Christ alone and that he would be glorified in our classroom.

i've posted pictures of our room in my most recent album on facebook. check it out.

peace & love.
lb

No comments: