Thursday, January 28, 2010

giving thanks.

November 22, 2009
its unbelievable that it is already thanksgiving week. one, because time is going by so quickly & i'm doing my best to hold on to each precious day here. two, because the sunny 75 degree weather in ethiopia doesn't exactly feel like the holiday season.
while we will still be in school all week and unable to have a proper thanksgiving, i have been thinking about all that i am thankful for, and this year i have been overwhelmed by blessings and have SO MUCH to be thankful for. i am thankful that the Lord has brought me to this beautiful place & given me this incredible opportunity. i am thankful for his faithfulness in my life & for the mighty works he is doing in my heart. i am thankful for the precious children i get to spend each day with. for new friends. for healthy days. for Bingham academy. for this country. I am thankful for you. for the people who have supported me financially, emotionally & prayerfully. i am one blessed girl. the Lord has been too good to me.

things are great here. its been really busy lately. had my first experience bowling in ethiopia last weekend. it was... unique. my tennis team had their big tournament on friday which went really great, the kids played really well & we had a good time. i had the pleasure of spending most of my week with the african funny tummy, one of the precious joys of living here, but am doing much better now. this morning we did the Great Ethiopian Run. it was a 10k around Addis with 30,000 participants & we had an absolute blast.

i've just posted some new pictures in my "life in addis" album, so be sure to check them out.

things to be praying for:
-pray for me & my fourth graders as we lead elementary school chapel on friday. for my kids as they sing & say some memory verses and me as i teach on Jesus' death on the cross, that it would be meaningful and real in their hearts.
-pray for endurance as the semester winds down & there is much still to be done.
-pray for sick & struggling people of Addis.
-pray for Bingham Academy, as they recruit new staff & make plans for Bingham's future.
-pray for my language learning.

salam-neow.
lb

ps.
i'm coming home for a few weeks over christmas.
fly out dec 18th. :)

No comments: